Who would've thought that you could have an epic stack of fluffy french toast while still staying on track with your diet? Coach Greg Doucette made it famous with his recipe, and I made it my own a little bit here with my Anabolic Protein French Toast.
Anabolic Protein French Toast
There are really just a few main ingredients that you need to make this one. Of course some bread, and then egg whites, and whatever other flavor combos you like.
I added pumpkin, sugar free maple syrup, and cinnamon to the egg wash for fluffy and sweet pumpkin protein french toast.
Toppings are endless
For the toppings, you guys know I always overdo it. So, I added a protein vanilla greek yogurt cream, some peanut butter, and a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup.
For the vanilla protein greek yogurt cream I mixed the following:
- Vanilla ice cream🍦 ONE Protein
- Fat free greek yogurt
- A little bit of sugar free pudding mix
Mix it all together and you get a thick, creamy and delicious topping that is packed with protein.
- 1 cup (250g) egg whites
- 1/2 cup (120g) canned pumpkin puree (can omit if you don't like pumpkin)
- 4 slices bread (any bread works, I just used regular white bread for this one)
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
Vanilla Protein Cream
- 1/2 scoop (17g) Macro Supps ONE Protein, Vanilla Ice Cream🍦
- 1/2 cup (120g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. (6g) sugar free vanilla pudding mix (optional)
- Peanut butter powder mixed w/ water
- sugar free maple syrup
*If you omit the pumpkin, add 1/3 cup milk to the egg wash mixture.
- Preheat a large pan to low/medium heat. Whisk together egg whites, pumpkin, sugar free syrup, cinnamon and pinch salt. Add egg mixture to a large dish. Add bread and soak in egg mixture for at least 5 minutes. This allows the bread to absorb all the egg whites.
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray. Cook french toast for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and fluffy. Cooking low and slow is the best way to cook the egg whites all the way through and make the French toast thick and fluffy.
- While french toast is cooking, mix together Greek yogurt, ONE Protein, and sugar free pudding mix. If it is too thick to mix, you can add a couple tablespoons of water or milk.
- Top cooked french toast with vanilla protein cream peanut butter, sugar free maple syrup and any other desired toppings.
💡Yield: 1 large serving
💪 Nutrition (French toast only): 460 calories | 36 protein | 66 carbs | 4 fat | 7 fiber | 13 sugar