I made some cosmic protein brownies a while back and they were a hit, so I figured I'd make a Christmas version because who doesn't love Christmas and brownies?
They are super moist, dense, and possibly the best textured protein brownie you will ever have. Then, they are topped with a protein chocolate frosting which will have you thinking there is no way they can be healthy, but only 140 calories in each and 10 grams of protein.
Check out the recipe below!
1 cup (120g) all purpose flour
2 1/2 scoops (86g) Macro Supps ONE Protein, chocolate brownie
½ cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
2 whole eggs
3 tbsp (46g) liquid egg whites
¾ cup (170g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
3/4 cup (180g) unsweetened applesauce
⅓ cup (60g) Swerve brown sugar sweetener*
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp (30g) dark chocolate chips
3 tbsp (45g) dark chocolate chips
1 scoop (34g) Macro Supps ONE Protein, chocolate brownie
¼ cup milk or water
*Swerve is a sugar free sweetener that measures cup for cup with sugar but has 0g of sugar. It bakes and tastes just like sugar. It can be found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add all dry ingredients (flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt) to a large bowl. Mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk together Swerve brown sugar with wet ingredients (eggs, egg whites, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla extract). Combine wet and dry ingredients and gently stir together until smooth.
- Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle the top with dark chocolate chunks.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. The center should be slightly underdone and the edges set. Do NOT overcook. When they cool from the oven they will set up and have a delicious fudgy consistency.
- While cooling, make the frosting. Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Add protein powder and milk. MIx until a smooth, thick frosting is made.
- Spread frosting over top of the cooled brownies. Sprinkle the top with Christmas colored m&m’s. Cut into 12 and enjoy!
Yield: 12 brownies
Nutrition per brownie (without frosting): 110 calories, 10 protein, 15 carbs, 3 fat, 2 fiber, 2 sugar
Nutrition per brownie (with frosting + toppings): 150 calories, 12 protein, 18 carbs, 4 fat, 3 fiber, 6 sugar